Sept. 20, 2014 was the date for this year’s Cal Poly WOW Day of Service. Those coming and going to Santa Margarita School have noticed a big change in the little forest ~ nature trail along the H St. entrance to school.
Thanks to many people who’ve contributed to the transformation (pics here):
- Garden designer Jacquoline Williams and her sister Judie Anders who donated their time and talents to envision and oversee the project
- Bill Evans and Davey Tree for providing mountains of mulch!
- Joan Collier and Bryan & Bev Gingg for sponsorship of the major clean up done before the Cal Poly WOW group arrived to spread mulch
- Cal Poly WOW group #281 led by Tara Henderson for doing a great job moving amountain of mulch!
- The Land Conservancy of SLO County for providing a nonprofit home for the Learning Among the Oaks Program (including the gateway landscape projects)
- Retired teachers Sharon Drake and Betty Williams for longtime volunteer efforts to keep school classes coming to the forest to learn about their adopted trees
- Retired teacher Dona Robertson for gifting the school and community with a treasure: our own Little Free Library Dona also serves as the volunteer steward of the LFL which was built by retired SMES custodian Dave Carreiro